Top 10 Poor Etiquette Things People Do When Flying
Some people know how to follow the rules while traveling, and others don’t. This is a list of the top 10 poor etiquette things that people do while flying. How many of these have you encountered?
- Changing the baby’s diaper in the middle seat of a crowded plane
- Standing up immediately before the seat belt sign goes off in an attempt to get off the plane quicker and finding 100 people doing the same thing. Note – A computer simulation shows that the plane will empty quicker if people stood up and disembarked in ascending seat order.
- Standing behind a flight attendant working a cart hoping that it will miraculously disappear, so they can get by
- Put their carry on baggage up front so they don’t have to carry it back, so those up front have to carry their’s to the back
- Complain if you move their bag in the overhead locker — “check-it! if you don’t want it touched by other passengers”
- Yell at the flight attendants and other personnel about weather delays! Yep it’s their fault.
- Repeatedly talk to you while you’re working, reading a great novel, or using a personal electronic device
- Pretending that they’re world travelers and experts about air travel
- Cutting lines at check in like they have some divine right…. that’s not what it looks like to us standing in line